If you are working to sell your home, you might be trying to decide if selling a house by owner or hiring an agent is the best route for you. Below is what you need to know about selling a house by owner to help you make your decision.
Some of the pros of selling a house by owner are:
- Save money on an agent’s commission
- Full control over your listing, negotiation, pricing, marketing, showing schedule and more
- You can be 100% dedicated to the sale of your home (an agent may have other customers)
Some of the cons to selling a house by owner are:
- As much as you’d like to think you are an expert, you’re probably not (unless, of course, you are a licensed real estate agent). Not knowing the ins and outs of the real estate market may cause you to lose out on money or make a mistake on a contract. Hiring a professional real estate agent ensures you have a dedicated professional who is specialized in selling homes with a goal of getting you the most money possible.
- Selling a house by owner takes a lot of time, which, you might not have. Hiring a professional means that they will take the time to create a listing, talk to potential buyers, host showings and more.
Whether you decide that selling a house by owner or hiring an agent is best for you, be sure to do plenty of research on both options. Research and educating yourself will help you ensure that you have made the best decision for your situation.